Friday, April 25, 2008

Get your Face out there!

So my newest obsession (now that it's NOT TTC) is facebook. OMG I am a monster. I have found friends from high school, some from even before that - it's totally wild to reconnect with these people from so many years ago. (If any of you stumble across this blog at some point, thank you for accepting my friend request, and double thank you for writing on my wall if you did that. I don't feel like such a loser when people write on my wall!)

It got me to thinking though - I really, REALLY hated high school Does everyone hate high school? It was miserable. I wish I could go back and do it again, knowing what I know now though. I guess it's just all part of growing up - I dunno. Why did I try so hard to be someone that I wasn't? Why did I listen to advice that went against everything I felt inside to be right? Why did I have so little faith in myself, my ability - the whole deal? Does everyone question themselves the way I did? Or am I a complete freak of nature? (Which, really - would explain a lot...)

I was a pretty good student - but I didn't try. I also didn't go outside the very comfortable little box of what I knew - so it was easy to be "good" becuase I didn't ever challenge my mind to think about something different or harder. Oh gawd how I wish I could go back! The things I would do different... I was what Simon Cowell would refer to as "forgettable". Nothing significant to remember, good or bad.

Now though - with almost 15 years under my belt since high school - there are SO many things that I know I could have been really, really memorable at. I would be UNFORGETTABLE.

I hate hindsight.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oops. I fear I may be responsible for this new obsession. Sorry =)