Thursday, April 10, 2008

End of an Era

I think today is the last day of ttc. It's been a year - I think we're done. (And this time, I really mean it). (I think...)

I had some spotting last night which is par for the course with this whacked out old body that has snuck up on me. I am feeling kind of sad, but at the same time - almost relieved. It's been a shitty road at times, and I think we are just at the point of this idea of a third baby NOT being the next step for us.

It stinks becuase a year ago this was something we REALLY wanted... never in a million years would I have imagined it ending like this. We were "professional breeders"... (ha! I coined this phrase from my boss... ) it was always easy, we sailed through pregnancy, child birth and everything after with few bumps. We are great parents - we love our kids - we truly though our family was destined for one more little smiling face.

But - apparently not. And 6 months ago - there is no way I would have been as accepting of that as I am today. I have come a long way... and I also know that in our case - we have everything we could ask for already.

It's time for the next stage... who knows what that will be... but it's time. And that's ok.

No comments: