So first of all - I have no idea if the apostrophe is supposed to be on the inside or outside of the "s" in Bulmers so don't go all gramar crazy on me if it's wrong. In fact - it may be that there is not supposed to be an apostrophe at ALL - but I don't give a rats ass at this point - it's just been one of those weekends.
Actually - maybe apostrophe isn't grammar at all...
Matt has been down for the count with high fever since Wednesday evening last week. A rapid strep on Thursday was negative, but in fact the overnight culture came up positive so he started antibiotics on Friday AM. The fever just wouldn't break though - and he was still over 103 yesterday. Of COURSE my mind is racing with all of the what if scenarios because... well - that's just what I do best. I had him touching his chin to his chest every 10 minutes at one point yesterday just to make sure he could in fact still do it. This is what comes of people who know just enough to be dangerous. We spoke with the triage nurses at Wake Med three times yesterday on the ledge of taking him in... this morning, finally - the fever seems to have broke. (Of course now that I type that - he'll be up in flames again within the hour.)
Meanwhile - something is totally not right with the dog. Lethargic, puking, just off her game. Anyone that's ever seen a Labradoodle knows that "lethargic" is just not part of the genetic make up of the dog - insane hyperactivity more acurately describes their typical disposition. I am betting she has an ear infection because she just smells rotty to me. Off to the vet we go - sure enough... now not only do I know just enough to be dangerous when it comes to human health issues, I can also moonlight as a vet!
The third straw was my smashed windshield on Friday due to a golf ball sized rock that flew off a Fowler dumptruck on 540 - ahhh - not like I needed that $250 bucks for anything else important, right?!
:)
1 comment:
Geesh! I had a bad day that lasted several days, but you are almost up to a week. Hope the spell breaks soon.
Post a Comment