Friday, August 8, 2008

My Southern Girl

So this morning we totally slept in and had a very lazy Friday morning - now that I am starting to actually sleep really well again - MAN! I do not want to get out of bed at ALL! Anyway - Ainsley ended up creeping in and curling up with me for a few minutes while Ken was in the shower... and we were playing "This Little Piggy" with her toes. It went like this:

Me: "This little piggy went to market, this little piggy stayed home, this little piggy ate..."

Ainsley: "FRIED CHICKEN!"

Me: (in hysterics) "...and this little piggy got none! Then THIS little piggy went wee wee wee all the way home!"

FRIED CHICKEN! Seriously!!!!!

Last night we were watching the Jays vs Oakland on tv, and Ainsley was doing this other adorable thing. She has a little pink, wooden baseball bat from the Durham Bulls. She gets her bat, and she stands off to the side of the tv, but still at an angle that she can see what is going on. She completely mirrors the batters! She taps the bat, does the practice swings, gets in "the box" and then watches the pitch and swing and copies them! It's awesome!

Happy weekend everyone!

1 comment:

bb said...

Okay, I just realized that since you went invite only, Google Reader does not pick up your new posts. I can handle that - I just didn't think of it before now.

So many things I missed....

I love the picture from last week - perfect little one hanging out, getting nice and strong. And I think she's a girl!

Pregnant or not, saving the stool does not sound like fun in any situation!

Glad that your baby girl got such a cool new bed room - I am jealous. I always wanted a canopy bed but never got one. (So seriously mistreated!)

Glad you are well and super glad you are sleeping better!!!