Wednesday, March 5, 2008

That's what friends are for...

Just over a year ago I met these 4 amazing girls off my babycenter board. How we all ended up on the same board is still a mystery to me - but it doesn't matter how or why it happened, I am just glad that it did! These girls are the best!

"Jersey" is one of the most talented writers I have come across in a long while, and we all think that she needs to complile a bunch of stuff and try to get published. She has such a great way with words! She and her husband are expecting a little girl in May, and it's such an exciting time for them! Jersey has taught me a lot about trying to not sweat the small stuff... that there doesn't need to be a reason for everything. I am so grateful for her friendship and support.

"Virginia" is a brand new mom - her baby boy is just a couple weeks old and she is doing amazing! Having your first child can be intimidating - but Va is confident and secure in her new role and rocking it out. Virginia and I have actually met, and she is one awesome woman! She is smart and beautiful and nothing scares her. She is methodical and a total problem solver. She has taught me to believe in myself and to trust my feelings. Virginia is the kind of friend that everyone should have... she is our protector.

The other two are in California. "SoCAL" has a heart the size of Texas and a brain to match. She's due in the next couple of weeks with our groups' second girl - and we are all so excited for her! Nobody deserves this baby more than SoCAL - they have been through so much in the last couple of years, and through it all, she remained positive, determined and full of love for everyone around her. SoCAL defines the word "grace" to me - when I grow up I hope that I can be even half the girl she is!

And finally... "Counsel". Counsel is one of those people that come into your life and you don't really remember what it was like when they were not in it. Does that make sense? She and I are probably the most similar - and I think I make her crazy some (most...) (all...) of the time... probably because she can see/sense/feel a lot of her own self in my craziness. (Just guessing... I don't know for sure...) Counsel has incredible perspective and ability to "see the forest in the trees". She has opened my mind to the possibility of everything and anything. She is an amazing mom, and will have her second son this summer.

These 4 girls are my bullpen. I really think I would not have managed to get through the last year without them - we've all had our ups and downs, trust me. The collective wisdom and spirit among us has carried all of us. We really are the most amazing friends... even though some of us have never seen each other face to face.

So today, and everyday - I am grateful and blessed to have these women in my life. I vow to be the best friend I can be to them, remembering always that friendship is a gift that needs to be tended to and cared for.

No comments: