Thursday, January 5, 2012

2011 Mileage


So - 601 miles for 2011.  Not bad.  Better than 2010!

I did a budget half (meaning get out and just run 13.1) on October 30th with Elizabeth and it was faster than my 13.1 in March 2010.

The most fun run was meeting up with Ian and Wendy and running around Port Perry in June!

The most terrible run was last Saturday going up the side of a stupid mountain on the Blue Ridge Parkway near Boone.

The run I am most proud of was in mid October when Elizabeth cracked double digit miles in one run - she did just over 10.  This is a girl who until March of 2010 had NEVER RUN IN HER LIFE.

The scariest run was when psycho truck driver was screwing with us along Honeycutt at 5:25AM and we had to call Ken to come get us.  I haven't run early morning since that day and am still scared to try.

Every single mile of that 601 was run outdoors.  No treadmill.

The coldest run was in the upper 20's.

The hotest run had a humidex of about 101.  That SUCKED.

Two pairs of shoes - I change them at about 300 miles.  I am due for new ones now and will be going out this weekend.  I am currently wearing the Brooks Ghost 3 but don't like them as well as my former Adidas.

My 2011 goal?  20 miles a week average.

We shall see.

1 comment:

LauraC said...

Awesome. I got stuck at 750 again last year. Too freaking busy with photography in the fall.

PS. never emailed you butOMG amazing family photo on your cards!!