Monday, January 16, 2012

FMM - Weight Loss Tips

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: http://www.alltheweigh.com/ so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

FMM: Weight-Loss Tips



Hmmm. Where to begin!  In October 2010 after returning from a fab-u-lous trip to California, I decided that I needed to lose 25lbs.  It was weight that had stayed on after baby 2, miscarrige 1 and baby 3 - and it needed to go.  I had totally and 100% fallen out of love with running and was not doing much - some yoga, but nothing cardio.  I joined weight watchers online and gave it a go.  The biggest thing I learned?  I ate pretty well - just WAY TOO MUCH!!

  • I had to completely relearn what the hell a portion was.  4 oz.  2 oz.  All of it.
  • I had to remember what satiated versus FULL felt like.
  • I too watch salt.  And starch... less white stuff... bread, rice, potatoes... love 'em but they kill me.
  • I got sick of salad really fast and had to find intersting ways to eat more veggies.  I am eating veggies now that I never knew existed!  And they are good!
  • I eat WAY less meat - couple days a week - no meat.
  • Eggs are my friend.  I love eggs.  Eggs with the WW Roasted Red Pepper and Garlic stuff - AWESOME!!
  • Water, water.  Lots of water.   And herbal tea.  I don't (or try really hard not to...) eat after 7PM at night on most nights.  That really helps.
  • I weigh EVERY SINGLE DAY.  Every day.  I love data and find it motivating.  I track it and watch it and I know the trends.  Knowing the impacts ahead of time makes me stop and think.  I make better choices because of the data.
  • I lost 20lbs this way - pure food/diet adjustments.  When I hit the wall and stopped losing, I started running again and then more came off.  I am trying to add in some weights/etc but have never been a huge fan of classes - I am trying though! 
  • I have been pretty stable at my current weight (+/- 2 lbs) for about 6 months.  With no tracking.  There are weeks where a couple pounds come back but I don't panick now - I know what to do.  And it works
  • I would like to lose about 5 more to be really happy with where I am at. 
Now, go back to your blog, type out your tips, and then head over to Kenlie’s blog and link up in the comments!

4 comments:

Kris said...

Great tips. :) I loved WW when I was on it, but gave it up after hitting goal... now, almost 2 years later, I've let 10 -13 pounds creep back on, and I'm rethinking joining again.

I too weigh daily most of the time. It had allowed me to stop the gains before they got out of control (two weeks of vacation and no scale added 7 pounds! Ugh!).

Nice to "meet" you through FMM!

Carina said...

Came by from FMM and I go through occasional phases where I think about portion size and I'm always shocked at how much bigger my portions are than they should be. Defintely room for me to improve there!

Lisa said...

Oh yes - portion sizes get me every time! And I can't use the visual way that WW has on their poster (4 oz is about the size of your palm, etc) I need to scale it!

Mmm eggs!

Stopping in from FMM - Hi!

Sarah Mann Willcox said...

Love these tips! I need to go meatless a little more I think. Also, portion sizes at restaurants KILL me.

You're right about weighing every day. It helps me figure out what causes my weight loss/gain. Sometimes it's exercise! I know after a lot of weight-lifting I retain all kinds of water, so the weight is sort of false.