Monday, January 30, 2012

Friend Making Mondays - Makeup Favourites!

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: http://www.alltheweigh.com/ so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

FMM- Makeup Favorites


  1. Do you wear makeup everyday? Most days yes. 
  2. Does your routine change if you’re going out with friends/on a date/to a party?  I am getting better about knowing how to create a regular sort of day to day look versus special occasion look - it's intimidating at times, but I am trying!
  3. Are you loyal to one brand, or do you use different brands for different things? I am totally, completely a brand whore.  :)  I am loyal to nothing.
  4. Do you wear primer/concealer? If so, what’s your favorite kind?  I use the Laura Mercier primer and it's been good to me - my skin looks more decent now than it ever has.  I use concealer when needed but find my foundation works pretty well - it's full coverage.
  5. What’s your favorite brand of foundation? Bobbi Brown – - ME TOO!!!  I JUST FOUND IT TWO WEEKS AGO!!!!  I only wish I had known about it sooner.  I had my makeup done when we were in SFO and the Laura Mercier oil free stuff seemed great - but they ended up sending me the wrong shade, and when I went to exchange it the girl told me the one I needed had been discontinued!  So I tried BB and LOVE it!
  6. Do you use blush and/or bronzer?  Mannlymama did a vlog/tutor session on makeup and suggested the Benefit stain - I bought it in the fall and love it!!
  7. Do you wear eye shadow/eye liner?  No... not really.  This is the next thing I need to learn how to choose and apply/
  8. What’s your favorite kind of mascara?  Trish McEvoy.
  9. Lipstick? Lip gloss? Both? Favorite? Just the cheapie stuff from CVS!!
  10. Do you wear nail polish regularly? If so, share a few of your favorite brands/colors.  Nope - never on hands.  Toes in the summer...
  11. How do you remove your makeup at the end of the day? I use Aveeno pads for mascara - then I use the Olay spinny cleaner thing with a good exfoliating cream cleanser.  I can be a bit of a brute with my skin - it's not sensitive.  I am debating stepping up to the Clarsonic - as a birthday present to myself!!!
  12. Do you feel prettier when you’re wearing makeup?  Ehh... yeah I do.  Who knew it mattered.
  13. Do you have any beauty tips that you could pass along? I need the tips - I don't have them yet to pass on!!!  I will say that exfoliate, exfoliate has REALLY helped my skin...
Now it’s your turn to answer the questions! Don’t forget to say hi to Bella and a few other bloggers! And also be sure to come back and leave a link to your FMM post in the comments! Happy Monday friends!

3 comments:

nina@themissadventuresofnina said...

I have been dreaming of the Clarisonic Mia! Like you, I'm a makeup whore. Love reading these. Stopping by from FMM

Sarah Mann Willcox said...

I keep meaning to try B's benetint - Her make up always looks awesome. Buuut, I'm also lazy, so there's that. :-)

I think I don't like to wash my face because I get water EVERYWHERE. Just haven't figured out how to be neat with that.

Kim said...

Benetint? I love that too! Been using it for years. Bobbi Brown is the best!