Monday, January 9, 2012

Sarah Mann Wilcox Said to Do This

Sarah my blog friend that also runs and is Brandy's-cousin-in-law but we've never met in real life even though I am pretty sure we would be fast friends posted this and it sounded fun.. join in if you have time!!!

FMM: Getting To Know You

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

 

1) What is one of your favorite ways to spend a Saturday? Well… how I wish to spend a Saturday would be a little sleeping in, nice run, great coffee, hitting a farmers market, some work in the yard, playing with the kids and dog and then great wine and a dinner cooked on the grill.   The reality is that a Saturday right now is up early, laundry, soccer, more soccer, maybe a run, scramble something for dinner and stuff everyone into bed so I can conk out myself.

2) List your top three favorite TV shows.  Of all time??  Friends, Traffic Light, Parenthood

3) Would you rather be in pictures or take them?  Take them.

4) Why do you blog? I started in 2007 after I had an ectopic pregnancy and was so full of piss and sadness that I could barely see straight.  I was a hot mess – it was private for a long time, but then I slowly started letting other people read.  I removed a lot of the posts that were the most bitter from the very beginning… writing it helped me deal with it I guess.  Now I use it more as a journal of what we do and how the kids’ lives are unfolding.

5) Share five websites that you visit regularly…

  1. Babycenter (still connect with TTC mama’s from 2007!)
  2. Twitter
  3. Facebook
  4. Google Reader
  5. DailyMile
6) If you could have lunch with one person from your Twitter list who would it be? DownGoesBrown

7) List a few of your favorite snacks.  Peas in the pod, popcorn, cheese of any kind…chocolate! 

8 ) Do you have a pet? If so, what kind? Yes!  Dog Lexie (Labradoodle) and Maggie (cat)

9) Which three material possessions would you struggle to live without? My car.  My washing machine.  My grill.  J

10) What’s your favorite drink? Red wine.  Then coffee.

11) Do you enjoy cooking?  I LOVE to cook.

12) Do you have children? Yup!  Three!  Awesome!

13) What are your favorite hobbies? Running,  reading, cleaning (I know – WTF??) home renos/updates, yoga (when there is time!)

14) Would you consider yourself to be shy or outgoing?  In the middle?

15) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would you change?  It’s a tie – new eyes or new boobs.  I hate both.

16) Who is your favorite actor/actress?  Brad Pitt right at the moment.

17) What’s the coolest thing you’ve done this week?  Yesterday I helped a team of extremely enthusiastic leaders’ kick of our first ever Boosterthon Fun Run at my kids school.  It’s the first time our school has EVER done anything like this and we are anxious/excited to see how it goes.  My kids attend one of the highest poverty schools in Wake County (by choice – we magnet in there) and this team along with our PTA and school leadership is really hoping to create an environment of excitement, leadership, fitness and inclusion for our kids – and raise some money along the way for critically needed things.  Like books.  And paper.

18) Do you live near your family or far from them? I live 900 miles from any kind of family – my husband and I are both from Canada and we are the only ones down here.  We have some wonderful friends that have become family though!!

 19) List three of your talents. Hmmmm… I really don’t know if I have talents.  I can talk to a crowd but that isn’t really talent.  I used to play the oboe.  I used to love to be in plays/musicals when I was in high school…

20) What is your greatest attribute? Probably that I like to see people happy.  Sometimes that is a fine line – people pleasers will sometimes make themselves miserable so that others are not…

Now it’s your turn to share your answers. Don’t forget to link up in the comments at www.alltheweigh.com! Happy Monday!

** So... I get it now, I was supposed to TITLE this Friend Making Monday. Woops.  Sorry folks... learning curve!!

6 comments:

Dennis & Jodi said...

YAY for J-O-D-I!!!! I used to want to spell it different and was set to change it to Jo-Dee -- then along came Jo-Dee Messina... sigh too late! lol
Where abouts in Canada you from? I am in middle of the country and middle of nowhere -- Manitoba (but I grew up everywhere -- Uxbridge Ontario is what I call my hometown tho!)
I will be back to visit! Thanks for stopping by my blog and nice getting to know you!

Jodi said...

UMMMM DUDE I am from PORT PERRY.

W.T.F. This is freaking weird!!!!!!!!

(For those that have no idea why this is crazy - Port Perry and Uxbridge are about... 8 miles apart.)

Dennis & Jodi said...

NO FREAKIN WAY!!! I used to go to PPHS in the 80's!!! class of 1990... graduated from USS tho... too funny!

Jodi said...

me too! I was Jodi Sayles back then - graduated PPHS in 1990. :)

Jodi said...

(it would totally suck if you like hated me or somethiing back then... I looked at your picture and you look framiliar... but I cannot place. I have yearbooks here though!!!)

Sarah Mann Willcox said...

YAY! LOVE! Thanks for sharing! And following my directions :-)

And, yeah, we totally would be fast friends, so let's get together soon!