Monday, January 3, 2011

2010 Goals --> Results are in...

Last year I made a list of 10 things that I wanted to do or think about over the course of the year.  Here are the results!!

1. Learn to say NO more often. Not NO like "No you can't eat candy/watch TV/play video games kind of no - more the NO I can't make that or do that or support that. I say yes too much to things that take me away from my family and my friends and my passions simply because I am afraid that not saying yes will let down someone else. Truth is me saying yes to others is letting down me - and my own family. (Follow that???)

Definitely a lot of growth in this goal area during 2010.  I made good progress at thinking more about what I really could commit to doing.  It's helped a lot.  And I already know of things that I will NOT commit to during 2011!

2. Grow a vegetable or two.

Do green peppers on the kitchen counter count?  Even if I didn't technically plant them myself??  I HAVE watered (and even resurrected from the dead!) this little plant.  I gotta tell you guys though - the peppers themselves taste terrible!!

3. Continue to run on a fairly consistent basis. (nice loosey-goosey goal here!)

So the start of the year was really strong.  I sort of lost all motivation in the summer and it's not found it's way back to me yet.  Maybe I need to start looking for it instead.  I do hope to be more consistent with exercise in 2011 - but I am not going to put a box around it only being in the form of running.



4. Save more. Spend less. Do better at separating wants and needs.

Ken and I made really good progress this year on budgeting (and sticking to our budget better!).  There is most definitely room for continued improvement... and we have already had a good 2011 discussion money wise, we got a budget set and made our tweaks to transfers going to all the different "pots" that will hopefully keep surprise expenses manageable.

5. Take a cooking class.

Fail. 

6. Revive my yoga practice.

Fail.

7. Worry less. This is a BIG one for me.

Pass.  YAY!

8. Not even THINK about any type of new vehicle. For a whole YEAR.

Fail.  I know that EPIC is one of those words that is not to be used in 2011 but seriously - we failed so bad.  Not once.  Not twice.  Three times (if you count the camper. 

But - you're a long time dead.  Oh well!!!

9. Landscape the back yard in a fun, nice but economical way.

MAJOR HELL YA PASS!!!!  We have found a terrific landscaper that did a fantastic job for us and it was so reasonable!  Now - can we keep it alive!!???

10. Learn to change a tire!!!

I technically know how to do this - but have not demonstrated my ability *yet*!!!

Stay tuned for the 2011 Goals!!!

No comments: