Friday, December 31, 2010

Show Me the Mommy - New Years Eve

Last week I really had fun messing with the camera.  It's usually NOT me that fiddles with it - I have honestly been too scared of breaking something! 

I have learned a lot by taking part in Laura's Show Me weeklies... never one to love photos of myself, this exercise has been very helpful in me sort of letting go of my complaints and just realizing that time friggin flies - it really does - and how pissed am I going to be in 2, 5, 10 years... when I look back and realize that I don't have pictures of me with my children, or pictures taken by them, etc. 

I will be super pissed. 

So I am going to keep doing this.  Keep thinking about it, participating in it - even if only for myself - because it DOES feel good when I post something and I love the moment that it represents.  I like when people stop by and enjoy the picture too - but I really love that I can just post a picture and not be so focused on the imperfections that might be glaring at me - I just love that point in time that was captured.

These were both taken during Christmas dinner.

I took this of Ainsley:


Ainsley is beauty in human form.  She is kind, sincere and intelligent.  She is creative and imaginative but also practical and real.  Her smile and laugh are infectious.  She has her daddy's eyes, my face.  Sometimes I look at this girl and cannot believe she came from me - how did I get so lucky?  So blessed?  Her eyes can see into your soul, and she has a softness in her spirit that is calming and soothing.  I have a shorter fuse - she is teaching me to react more slowly.   I love her so much.

And she took this of me:



I have my dad's nose, my mom's face... I can be stubborn and bossy.  I am fiercely loyal and will defend my friends and family right or wrong.  I don't care for math, but I do love words.  I am energized being around people - but sometimes get overwhelmed by noise and need quiet - just to regroup.  I have my stepmother's "gene" for laundry and organization - that's not to imply that I am ALWAYS organized - but being disorganized ALWAYS makes me crazy.  My favourite colour is purple and I am forever undecided between long and short hair.  I love cars, especially new ones.  I enjoy curling!  As previously mentioned - I love my feet most about myself - they are small and narrow - I got them from my Nana Bea.  I have no middle name by birth - my parents could not decide!  My brother got TWO middle names and I got none. 

I am a daughter, a wife, a sister, aunt, friend - but mostly  (right now...) a mother.  I have a manager Mon-Fri, working at a company I love.  There are many sides to me, and my hope is that throughout 2011, I can take more pictures and share more of those sides/pieces that make up who I am.

Happy New Year - peace and love to you in 2011!!

3 comments:

LauraC said...

Jodi I love to hear this!
I know exactly what you mean about getting over my issues with posting pictures of me!

HeatherV said...

Great Post! I really love the description of who you are physically and also emotionally.

Happy 2011 and I hope you have lots of reasons to be behind and in front of the camera.

Megan said...

Great post! Wonderful description of yourself along with the post! I like the highlights you chose to wrote about yourself and your comment about organization hit the nail on the head! That is so me as well. All the best in the new year!