My friend Ann posted this today as she challenged her readers to do the same...
This took me a while because I had a hard time keeping it dinner party sized!! I am choosing 8 people to join me around my dreamy dining room table:
**I should say too, that I would plan on crashing Ann's dinner party to meet her guests because they are all people I would love to have a chance to talk to as well!
My mom. Because I miss her.
Bono because I love his music and his spirit and what the hell - his accent!
Blurb (aka Jon Armstrong, the slightly less crazy half of Team Armstrong/"Dooce") because while she is totally out there and completely entertaining and hilarious - I actually learn shit from Jon's posts and tweets and he can hold his own in the humor department too. )
David Bromstad because I need help and advice on finishing out the inside of this damn house...
Rafael Nadal. With no shirt. And I *might* ask him to run 2-3 miles just prior to sitting down so he can have that nice sheen goin'...
Bobby Flay - to cook. I actually debated long and hard about this one - it was between him and Alton Brown. I love them both - but in the end, I think I'd like just about anything Bobby prepares hands down and there is no chance I'd be un-nerved by any of the process or methodology used to produce the meal - and as a bonus I'd be gettin' him to whip up some of those grilled peach margaritas... :)
Princess Diana... when I was very young, I was obsessed (I MEAN OBSESSED) with Diana and much of the Royal Family, quite honestly. I still have many books... got up to watch the Royal Wedding between her and Prince Charles at 3AM or whatever it was. When we worked in the UK we visited Buckingham Palace and actually got to tour it as the Queen was in Scotland on holiday. It was crazy awesome! That summer, while we were there - Diana died. We were actually in Paris the weekend after the accident and to this day I still get goosebumps just thinking about the massive rivers of flowers laid outside that tunnel and her palace.
One more... hmmm...
The last seat at our table would go to Wayne Gretzky. Role model. Athlete. King of sportsmanship. Dad.. Coach - just a shiny example of a great Canadian boy!
So that's my crazy collection of guests. Yikes. It's a little boy heavy... the only women I care about seem to be my mom and an ex-princess. Clearly I need to find some more XY role models!!!
Who would you invite? Post your fantasy dinner party guests here as a comment, or if you blog - write it up and let me know it's there!
2 comments:
Omg, Jon is going to love the Gretsky answer. He is a HUGE hockey fan. I joined his fantasy hockey league when we were dating to learn the rules of hockey. My first wedding anniversary present to him (paper) was front row tickets to a Devils game.
I'm going to think a long time on this.
Thanks for playing!!! :)
I almost put Princess Diana on my list too. I'm definitely coming to your party for the Bobby Flay meal... good thinking inviting a chef! ;) And I guess I need to start reading more Blurb... never read his stuff. If you want, stick a link to your list in my comments.
Post a Comment