A couple of examples...
Saturday night we were sitting down to dinner and just talking about random stuff. Somehow (ahem...) the topic came up again about projects around the house. We started talking about screen porches along with the aforementioned roof over the hot tub thing. Oh yes... I remember now... Ainsley wanted to build a cat door through a spot in the bricks of the fireplace so Maggie could go outside to the screen porch, just as Lucy O'Brien gets to do. Ken and I mentioned that it wasn't feasible since passing through the fireplace wall would land Maggie in... our bedroom! Matt was going on about where we could build a screen porch... he wanted to know which part of the deck would be the best part to screen in.
"All of it!" I said.
Matt turns and looks at Ken - "Are you gettin' all this Daddy??!"
:)
Tonight Ainsley was working through her homework... one of the things she has to do is draw pictures of words that have the short "e" sound. Fine - no problem. One of the pictures is of her room, and specifically her bed. Great!
Step 2 involves writing 4 sentences - one using each of the words. She immediately had sentence for "jet", "shelf" and "bed" but struggled with "kept".
"I kept my room clean last week?" I finally prompted her.
"No mommy, I don't do that!"
At least she is honest!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment