Sunday, September 13, 2009

It's all about the lighting

Ken and I were tossing around some ideas for more (sigh...) home projects today. One of our front-runner ideas is to build a roof/gazebo type thing over our hot tub on the back deck. The poor thing takes a beating with all the trees around, and we figure a roof will not only extend the life of the cover and tub, it will make it more usable - even when it's raining!! :) It shouldn't be too expensive to build (which is pretty much the number one consideration on the decesion making tree.)

At dinner tonight we were talking more detailed about what it could look like, and I was saying how I'd love to put little white lights all around the inside of the roof... Matthew piped up and said "no Mommy - if we build a roof out there, we HAVE to hang a disco ball!"

"Dude," I said... "it ain't that kind of hot tub!!"

:)