Thursday, May 15, 2008

Keeping Score

So - some interesting news from a couple of different sources has prompted this post. It's pretty whiney - let me warn you know - but I am in just that kind of mood.

Since my ep last year - I have (as of this hour... there is no doubt this is not the end of the "announcements"...) 15 friends that have had or are going to have babies. Yup - I am 0-15. Not a great batting average, eh?

Some of these - it's their first - and that is awesome and amazing and WOW. Others, it's 2nds, 3rds, even a 4th I think in there. Yay for them.

I just don't get it. I don't understand - maybe that's why it bothers me SO much and I just can't let the "f" go of this whole baby thing... why is it so damn easy for SO many people - yet for some of us - it's just impossible? What makes them so damn special? (Keeping in mind that I used to be one of those "easy knock up bitches" (coined from my good friend in CO!), but now - not so much.)

It blows. It sucks. I hate it. I am frustrated. I am sad. I get depressed. I feel guilty. I want it. I am scared.

And there is nothing I can do.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I am 0-7. =(

Of course, I am not counting the pregnant cashier at Target who made me cry by going on and on about my tampon purchase. Or the one at Home Depot who had to tell me all about her ice cream cravings. Bitches.

But I'm not hatin' or anything...