Thursday, June 24, 2010

Dog Days

I am doing a terrible job of blogging.  I don't know why - I have things to say and ideas to write about, but I just never seem to get here.  The summer is upon us - hot, sweaty days that end with tired and stinky but very happy kids.  :)  So far they love their camp at the Y, which is great.  Next week will be the first time that they do separate weeks of camp - Matthew is trying a digital photography camp, and Ainsley will be in gymnastics. 

Amelia is thriving and is so, so happy.  She is this amazing little person with a stubborn streak and hot opinions.  She doesn't mind one BIT expressing absolute joy - or angst.  I've decided she's never, ever going to be a fabulous sleeper and that's ok - I am bending to her schedule.  Early mornings... once you try them - it really is a nice time to be awake.  The world is so quiet and peaceful!

We have travelled a lot in the last few weeks... just on weekends.  After the beach long weekend, we headed to Concord NC for one night to the Great Wolf Lodge - a surprise, last day of school thing for the kids.  They each had such great years... very proud.  This was our first visit to the Concord location and I have to say I liked it better than VA!  We came back from that on Friday the 11th, and then Matthew was in a 3v3 tournament that weekend.  Their team hung in strong, but ended up 4th - little bit of a reality check playing against some VERY strong competition.

This weekend we are headed to the mountains with the O'B's so that should be great.  We're going to be in Fredericksburg for the long weekend - Lauren I'll email you offline to see if we can meet up!  We're headed up Friday until Monday!!

At some point we need to stay home to demo and update the last bathroom upstairs... as we continue to ponder the possibility of moving.  We are so torn on what to do.

Sunday is Ken's birthday - we are going to do up a fabulous dinner on Saturday night for him, and celebrate the way he loves best - family and friends all around him. 

In case I don't get on here tomorrow - big Happy Birthday shout out to Grammy!  :)  Have a great day!

No comments: