We headed to the Boone/Blowing Rock area this past weekend for Ken's birthday. It was OK. The house was not super awesome - in fact it was barely useable. The owners that we rented from failed to disclose in any way - that the house had no air conditioning. Maybe that is common for the mountains - we don't know - but it was hotter than hell out there this weekend and the upper floor of the house was almost unbearable. Throw in a cranky teething toddler - and yeah - we came home early.
The older kids had a great time hiking and hanging at Tweetsie - from that perspective it was fine. Just the house left a lot to be desired. Here are a few shots from over the weekend...
The big white mansion is the Moses Cone (king of denim...) House right on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
There were about 400 people horseback riding on Saturday through the parks and I thought Ainsley was going to break her face smiling so much at all of the horses! She petted tons of them, and was so, so happy to see horses! That girl needs to go to horseback riding lessons. Soon!
The kids gathered around the rock? Yeah - they were throwing those pop cap things that sound like gunfire.
The patio shots with Amelia in a high chair are the Mellow Mushroom in Blowing Rock.
When we retire, I'd really love to have a place to hang in Blowing Rock. :)
**Brandi - Amelia is STILL wearing Em's hat... !!! :)
**Brandi - Amelia is STILL wearing Em's hat... !!! :)










1 comment:
Every time I notice Amelia in that hat I smile! And ok, the pics of the kids holding the letters, that was AWESOME, I love the reality, Amelia crying...Ainsley not looking, makes me totally chuckle!
Post a Comment