Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Peanut update

Matthew goes for dose escalation today - his new daily amount will be just under 1200 mg of peanut flour. Wow, right? That's a lot! It's like 4 peanuts per day! By my count we have 6 visits left to get him to 4000 mg... so he should be on maintenance by March. What a year!

He HATES the taste. HATES IT. I am trying to come up with more creative ways and vehicles to get the dose into him in a timely fashion - right now it's taking a little too long (the idea is to take the "hit" pretty quick, so it's more of a jolt to his body, rather than say... like drip feeding...). He's done pudding and yogurt and now (gross...) apple sauce! I mean - I LOVE peanuts - but the thought of mixing them with apple sauce - HURL!!

I might crack out the Magic Bullet (oh yes, we have one!) and try some milk, ice cream and oreos and mix it in with that... see how it goes.

Keep your fingers crossed for us that it continues to go well!!!

No comments: