...often chaos, definitely busy! These are the adventures that make up our story... the Bulmer stories!
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Happy First Birthday Amelia...
Dear Amelia-babes...
I don't even really know where to begin. There is so much inside of me that I want to express to you, about you - it's overwhelming to find a spot to begin.
Today you celebrate a whole year of being here with us. You are a joy in every way - your mischievous smiles, infectious giggles and bright, gorgeous eyes that light up every time you see someone in your family... well it can bring me to my knees. You know who you are - and you know you are special. You make our lives so special too - with what you have brought to us.
You are very much your own person. You are INTO EVERYTHING. You love cupboards and drawers and boxes and closets and anything that involves exploring, putting things into or taking things out of a place or thing. There have already been a few close calls with the insane things that you will instantly shove into your mouth. You keep us ON OUR TOES. All 40 of them!!! :)
In those earliest of days last January - you and I spent a lot of time together. Literally - glued (by milk!!) together. There were days, weeks - that I didn't know where you ended and I began. It was a crazy time - but we made it to the other side with only some minor bumps and bruises. You are growing and thriving now - and that's all that matters.
I love to hear you talk and babble away to your sister and brother - you have the most expressive tones and sounds as you explain your day to them, in your own way. I cannot wait to see the progress you make this year with your verbal development. You have the gift of gab, my love - and you do come by it honestly... :)
When we first started thinking about names for you - Amelia was the one we loved most. We chose it while visiting the Air & Space Museum in DC visiting Mr. Jim, Ms. Karrie, Max and Ellie. (Sam wasn't here yet!) Amelia means "to strive or excel or rival"... it made us think a little about my mom who defined "strive and excel". You are much like her in your personality... stubborn at times but full of laughter. Determined. A little fearless...
"Rose" is for my great Aunt Rose - I like to think that through her name, she imparts on you the gifts of softness and (hopefully) patience. Aunt Rose was both of those things. When you tend to the new, younger babies in your daycare room, you are so gentle with them. You seem to sense when softness is important.
Little Amelia - it's been quite a year. Happy Birthday sweet girl... enjoy your special day. You are not going to remember Matthew and Ainsley helping to get your gifts ready and organized, or Daddy and I silently staring at you as you fell asleep tonight... but one day, you will read this and know in your heart how much we all love you, and how grateful we are to have you in our family.
Love Always,
Mama
XO
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment