About a month ago, my friend Michele invited me to join her bookclub. The book we were/are to read is Keepers of the House by Shirley Ann Grau.
I had a whole MONTH to read this book - surely, I thought - I could do it!
But no. Not quite. Thiiiiis close... :)
I fully intended on finishing the book last night - got Amelia off to bed, snug as a bug, read with Matthew and Ainsley and then curled up on the couch to read my own book.
I was asleep before I could even turn a page. Ken told me he was barely seated at the computer to finish off the last of our picture processing so he could submit and order, turned to ask me a question and I was LIGHTS OUT.
Oh well... I'll still go tonight - dinner is at The Pit - which was featured on Throwdown with Bobby Flay last night! And the Pit won!
For the record - Keepers of the House is good. I didn't expect to like it! :) Now to just get it finished...
No comments:
Post a Comment