I intentionally stayed away from the computer yesterday. Not just to see if I could actually do it... more I just wanted to spend that ONE day with no technical distractions. Well - as few technical distractions as possible... :)
The kids apparently really, really wanted to make me breakfast in bed. Unfortunately that's a really hard thing to organize at this point, since I am up between 4-5 AM to feed Ameila and they sleep til at least 9 on the weekends! Ainsley was really bummed that breakfast didn't come together the way she had invisioned... but we were able to perk her back up quickly with biscuits!
A medley of gorgeous home made gifts including a trivet, a clay sculpture as well as a foot painting by Amelia were bestowed upon me. Their cards were adorable and I will treasure them forever. I have actually started hanging their cards, art and other treasures on the inside walls of my closet - as a sort of very personal wallpaper! I love seeing it all in there every day when I go in there to (try and...) find something to wear.
Ken and the kids also gave me a Kindle - which was made even more cool by the fact that I had never even heard of it! What rock I have been living under I have no idea... but that's besides the point. The Kindle is rockin'! I love to read - this is the most perfect, geeked out gift for me - it's great! I downloaded my first 2 books last night and started reading. It's small enough and easy enough to handle that I can read while feeding Amelia sometimes - perfect!
We visited with some friends yesterday afternoon, and I got a little shopping done. We took the kids to a park late in the day and snapped some pictures - and I'll share some of those once Ken finishes up with their processing...
Happy Monday all... is it Friday yet??!
No comments:
Post a Comment