Saturday, February 14, 2009

24 Days

We are holding our own finally. Amelia was up 2 more ounces at her weight check on Friday... so while we still have 7 more ounces to get back to birth weight - she is definitely doing a lot better in terms of feeding. Thank god. I was losing it a week ago and never imagined that we'd end up being to stick this out and have it work.

Let me just say now that the breastfeeding KICKED THE SNOT out of any and all stress and emotional insanity that I felt during my ectopic almost 2 years ago now. I thought that was bad - and it was when I was in it - but it's nothing at all compared to that feeling of complete failure about being able to feed your child.

All relative, I guess.

Amelia's belly button fell out this past Tuesday and she has completely embraced and LOVES going in the big tub with mommy! She's definitely a water girl!!!

The nights have been pretty predictable so far - she'll go 3-4 hours depending on how her feedings have been during the day which is great and more than I can ask for at this point! Matthew and Ainsley have not been bothered at all by her crazy night hours, so that's also good.

We've been going for some great walks now that the weather has gotten nicer here... fresh air also makes a big difference to our day and state of mind. As does sleep... amazing how a few back to back hours of good rest can reset perspective and give us all a little lift.

Will try to get on here sooner... with some pics and more frequent updates!

1 comment:

Huffs said...

Great news-so glad things are better!! It is amazing what a difference a few extra hours can do! Let us know if you need anything!