Friday, November 21, 2008

30W,1D appt

Quick checkup yesterday and all is well. Measuring exactly 30 cm, gained exactly 20 lbs so far. Heartbeat was exactly 150. Doc said I am the Queen of all things Average which is exactly what he loves to see. YAY!

Starting on December 5th at 32 weeks, I go weekly for checkup's and an NST. I was confused and kind of freaked out yesterday when they told me I had to go for weekly NST's - didn't understand why. I called back this morning and talked to my favourite nurse Judy and it's standard protocol for any patient with some kind of secondary medical thing going on - in my case the thyroid - but things like asthma, blood pressure issues, etc. So we get hooked up to the monitor for about 20 minutes a week to listen and maybe even watch - the wiggly worm inside of me!

Had a great dinner out last night with Anne and Karen - lots of laughs! Sometimes I forget how much fun it is to just go out with the girls... time gets so crammed and busy that it's easy to push fun nights with friends to the backburner. I am going to try and NOT do that as it is so refreshing to just get out and GIGGLE!

I cannot wait for next week - we'll put our tree up (I'd put it up the day after Halloween if I had my way, but Ken puts his foot down on this one thing BIG TIME and Christmas cannot "start" until after Thanksgiving!) It actually was snowing here this morning... I woke up early to bake for Ainsley's kindergarten class as they are having a Thanksgiving feast today with the parents... and I looked out the window at about 6:30 and these HUGE, white fluffy flakes were falling everywhere! I ran upstairs (ok, waddled) and woke both kids up, and we all just sat on Ainsley's bed totally silent, watching out her window as the snow swirled around. It was the most perfect way to start the day!

1 comment:

bb said...

It was chilly out this morning but no where near cold enough for snow. So jealous!

Yay for another great appointment!

I, on the hand, woke up this morning in a panic. Baby girl was very still last evening and all night and then this morning - nothing. I made MTB crazy, and he suggested we pull out the Doppler. Within seconds, we found the heartbeat and then she kicked the Doppler - we both saw it bounce! She's been kicking hard ever since. I guess she got just a little PO'd.

Hope your weekend is fantastic!!!