My husband, god bless him - has a way with words.
I was in the shower this morning while he was finishing up getting ready to leave, and I was asking him if it in fact, looks like I am "showing" yet. At least naked - can he see changes? I think being the one in the body makes it harder to really see what (if anything) is going on - I assume my belly always has a bit of a pooch to it, etc.
He immediately said, "oh yeah - it definitely is showing. There is a belly there."
"Really? You're not just saying that?"
"No way. You do NOT always look like this!!" (thank you thank you!)
"Why are you surprised? You are a third of the way through this pregnancy - it's definitely showing..."
A THIRD. It sort of struck me with a WOW - 33% of this is already gone - and what have I done to enjoy it? Not much - I've worried through much of it, instead of embracing and loving this very special time with this very special person inside of me.
So I have decided to really start enjoying - and doing my damn-dest to not fret anymore. Yeah, I'll probably still hold onto that doppler for the next couple of weeks because listening to that woosh woosh woosh sound at the end of the day is just totally amazing - but I am going to stay away from birth and internet boards and just concentrate on savoring every minute of this that I have left. This is it - there will be no more... so even though there are never any gurantees - for now, I am pregnant, and it's all good.
2 comments:
Oh that is so sweet. The last one! That should be celebrated, congrats!
I also had to step away from the boards. I still read a blogs, but I generally try to stay away from the boards.
And yay for being 1/3 complete!!!
Post a Comment