Not really one thing to focus on here, just some random stuff.
First - that little post I snuck in a couple of weeks ago about *someone* that was sleeping for big, delicious long stretches at night? Well -aliens abducted her last damn week and left a non-sleeping, non-eating-pretty-much-all-the-time-cranky-pants in her place that was just today diagnosed with a double ear infection.
So that sucks. But at least it's treatable, right?
On the upside - she weighed 15 lbs, 14.5 ounces today and that was AFTER crapping the biggest baby craps you can ever imagine - not once, but like 4 times today. I am pretty sure she shat out a pound so we're going to go with her being almost 17 lbs now.
YAY!
We headed to Duke this afternoon for Matthew's dose escalation to 798mg... other than a little redness on the lips where we neglected to wash off the applesauce (vehicle) - he did great. He has about 10 more visits (ballpark) to get to the 4000mg maintenance dose. He should be on that by about mid April.
The annual visit with Santa was on for this evening and went pretty much as expected. Amelia did great, even popped a smile - which the photographer of course missed. Then she turned around, noted some freaky dude with a huge white beard was holding her and screamed her ASS off.
He was actually a pretty crappy Santa. Not at all festive. Really... with all the people looking for work THIS is the guy they choose?
We spent some time this evening organizing and purging things to donate... Ken and Matt's Y Guide tribe toured the Raleigh Rescue Mission a few weeks ago and met some really terrific people that work and volunteer there, as well as some of the residents. We are heading down there this weekend with some games, puzzles, toys and our second high chair to donate... if you ever wondered about a good place to pay it forward to - this would be a great choice.
Not feeling a whole bunch of holiday spirit yet. I don't know what my problem is - just very hum drum. We are not going to Florida... and I am very bummed. There is just not enough time - Matthew has a dose escalation on Dec. 21 so we just can't get down there and back by the 26th in any kind of reasonable way. It's either a long ass drive for a very short stay or big ass money for flights. Neither are attractive options for us.
Sad.
Running is going great touch wood. I did 7.7 miles yesterday - my furthest yet. I am discovering that I do SO much better when I am with a buddy - the solo runs... not my fav. I think I have a good 10 weeks left in my training plan to get me to 13.1
Here is the classic mall Santa photo - 2009 rendition:

1 comment:
Poor baby A. I hope she feels better soon.
(I can tell you are not feeling the season just by the number "asses" in your post. Too funny! I hope the holiday spirit bites you soon.... and preferably not in the ass.)
Post a Comment