Thursday, December 11, 2008

33w1d

All well this AM... NST was good, and ultrasound showed no concern with fluid levels. Baby is head down and ready to rock and roll. BP fine, -2lbs in the weight area.

I got kind of sad at one point - my doctor was asking how I felt, and I responded with pretty fine, thanks. It's all good. He just looked at me like I had 2 heads... he said that it's so rare to hear that. Room after room, he goes into - and every woman is miserable, complaining and bemoaning every aspect of pregnancy. "Get this thing outta me" kind of stuff. I stared back at him and simply said that if anyone hates it that much they ought not to be doing it. What we are privledged to go through, to feel - is so incredibly special and amazing. Some women never get to feel this, and want it so bad. Others don't want it at all... I understand both sides.

With all the trials and tribulations that go along with building another human being - I just tend to try and focus on the fact that I am - indeed - building another human being. Not to say every day is perfect - I can whine with the best them... but really - How damn lucky am I??

1 comment:

bb said...

Glad the appointment went well. I didn't think the begging "to get this baby out of me" started for a few more weeks? I'm trying to enjoy every minute knowing that this may (sadly) be my only opportunity to experience pregnancy.