Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012 Mileage


So - this is almost opposite trend wise as 2011.  Maybe 2013 will be the year that consistency arrives??  I just keep putting one foot in front of the other!  I also need to factor in that this is just running - my cycling mileage is not tracked here.

In early February I ran just over 16 miles.  All at one time, on the Tobacco Trail in Cary/Durham.  Clearly the most profound fitness accomplishment for me in my whole life.

2012 had some highlights.  I ran my fastest half on my 40th birthday in February.  In my lucky hat from my friend Joe and new running jacket from the kids.  It was cold and rainy and miserable but glorious!


By spring I was burned out and bored and the miles started to fall off.  In July though, I helped pull together a little running group right close to my house and we all got back into it.  The distances were mostly shorter on average but way more consistent.  That group spurred my friend Todd to start running after quitting smoking - and last week Todd ran his first ever half!  I am proud of him!!  The group fell apart a bit with some crazy work schedules and two knee injuries.

Point of that being I do much better when there is a group waiting for me to run...Second point being that if you want to run in a group I am your girl.

Trish started running too - another virtual-turned-real friend that I love to hang out and run with!  She has some big goals for this year and I will be there to support her!  

Elizabeth fell off the running wagon - but she wants to start again so I can see our group re-kindling and hopefully pulling together to get everyone in the same direction as this new year kicks off.  I will be loosey-goosey with my goals this year and just hope to do better than 2012 while not setting the bar too high.

No comments: