I admit to feeling a few twinges of guilt on Friday - we pulled the kids out of class for a day to head out of town for an extra long weekend. School just started, and we cut out for a day - guess that's not a completely excellent message to be sending... but it's been so worth it!!!!! Even after us wondering about Earl and his potential affect on the beach... all good!
We didn't really take a week of vacation this summer - it just was one of those summers were everything went topsy turvy and got all mixed up. To remedy that we might try to come here for TWO weeks next summer. We have some very special friends joining us for a week in August - maybe we will twist their arms into a longer stay!! :)
I could post pictures for days... I haven't even seen Ken's good camera shots yet... these are just mine. The water was over 80 degrees, there were great waves for boogey boarding and the skies were clear and gorgeous. The kids (6 of them!) had a complete ball and enjoyed every second. Everyone ate well and slept hard! It's been so fun - we really vacation well together, us and the other B crew! The cherry on the cake is that moving forward - Mr. JCB is now in charge of all grocery shopping and we know to send him out when he is HUNGRY!!!
Notice three people with shovels, and one with a drink pouch. Who is the supervisor, you ask??
ME!!!
Birds!!
My summer blonde beauty... she has no idea...
This really is the most awesome beach we have been to in NC. We love it!
I have been taking this same picture for 9 summers now...
All snacks will go through me, and be approved by me... thank you.
Perfectly content.
I don't wanna go home!!!













2 comments:
Great pics!! We had a BLAST!!! Thanks so much for inviting us! We definitely need to do it again soon!
It was - and the drive home was easy peasy!
I did not post any pics of your fam... wanted to let you get yours up first! :)
Those ones of Matt pulling Elise on the boogey board cracked me up!
Post a Comment