So this past weekend, we rented a camper to "test" what it would be like to live in it for a few days or week at a time. We have tent camped the last few years (well... last few before Amelia arrived...) and while I like it - I don't LOVE it anymore. I am just too old for that sleeping on the ground thing! And I want my own bathroom. With hot water. And a shower. And... well the list goes on. The weekend we met D&L in Wytheville to do the kid exchange got us thinking more about a camper again. NOT a pop up this time though - I can't deal with the popping up every time you need in it.
We headed to Emerald Isle NC and met our friends the Holt's there for a couple of nights. Of course it rained - Saturday night we were not ready for it, but Sunday - we had our ducks in a row and it was fine. Camping with a 19 month old is not relaxing - there is a lot of crap to cart around with her, and even though this rig was 30 feet long - at times it was still too "small" to manage all three kids and one insane dog.
We made the best of it though, and had a good time. Sunday night I (ME!) took the kids go carting for their first time EVER and it was so FUN! Matt was scared out of his TREE but did great driving his own car solo!!!
Here are some pics... My favs...
The fam with the camper. Amelia is yelling at me!
An inside view. Note the pack and play on the table... :) Next time - no P&P - just a bed rail!
Girls on the tire swing. Great park at this campground.
Slide!
How cute would this be if you could actually see Amelia??! :)
Classic Mattie...
All muscle!
The best big sister in the world!
So Mattie can be a challenge to take pictures of - he is the master of the fake grin. These next few - out of my point and shoot - are so good of him. Very natural, finally. They are a little soft in focus - but I still love them!
He has perfect teeth!
My guys. 4 ever!












2 comments:
I love this post title!!
Jon has his snip snip on Friday Sept 10 with Dr B. Will keep you posted. Not writing about it on my blog bc of IF issues with family.
Whoo hoo on snip! Hope he does fine - you are going to laugh your ass off at the "gift bag" they hand you on the way out... :)
Post a Comment