Sunday, July 19, 2009

What happened to my baby?

So my ray of sunshine has turned into a freaking tornado from hell. Not exactly sure what is going on... lotsa crying, whiney, snivvely stuff, naps gone to crap, eating just so-so and that's just me... wait til I tell you what's been going on with Amelia!! :)


Her behaviour is just 180 degrees opposite of her normal disposition. She's got killer diaper rash - is it from introducing rice cereal? If yes than that'd be pretty weird to me - I've never heard of rice causing that sort of issue. Plus the bum stuff just started on Saturday, and cereal started last Monday - would I have not seen it sooner if it was the cereal??

Could it be teeth? Maybe - but seriously, I have blamed every little outburst or outlier day in the last 3 months on teeth - and still nuttin'. Virus of the week?? Teachers weren't reporting anything out of the ordinary in her classroom, but that doesn't mean a whole lot...

She did calm down incredibly fast when I broke down and stuck the baby oragel on her gums a little bit ago... but she could also just have been so exhasuted, and so in tune with the fact that I was at the END OF MY FREAKING ROPE that she gave it up and just conked out.

In any case - we'll see what the night has in store - might keep her home tomorrow in case it is some virus... she was into the ped. last week as the daycare kicked her out for suspected pink eye (which she did not have) and they said she looked great! 12lbs, 9 ounces even!!

The big kids spent the weekend here with their friends Cullen and Lily so that was a small blessing in that they were entertained for the most part between the 4 of them... leaving Ken and I to handle Amelia and her antics, as well as get a few things tidied up around here before my cousin and her family arrive later this week.

We had a campfire on the deck last night which was probably the highlight of the weekend... :)




Cullen, Ainsley, Matthew, Lily, Griffin and Madeline

(Lexie Doodle looking for scraps...)

Love summer!! :)

2 comments:

House of Estrogen said...

diaper rash could be yeast. She might have thrush even if you aren't having symptoms. Any white patches in her mouth?

bb said...

I hope she's feeling better. Never fun. As for the teething thing... our pedi suggested that's the easiest thing to blame since she will be teething until she's 10 years old... nice catch all!