Wednesday, March 4, 2009

6 Weeks






Amelia has been on earth for 6 weeks now. Most of it has gone by in a blur and I am caught again in that time warp of losing track of the early weeks of my children's lives. With Matthew things were nutty with my mom passing away. With Ainsley things were nutty with having a 2 year old running around! With Amelia, things are nutty with the feeding (which is getting better...). It would seem I am destined to not really enjoy and commit to memory these blessed early days! Perhaps it's self protection... who knows.

Mia was 7lbs, 14 ounces today - still sticking hard and fast to that half ounce a day. I definitely think she has issues with dairy... I enjoyed some mac and cheese with Matthew for his birthday this past weekend and her digestive system has been paying the price since late Monday evening. It's heartbreaking - and challenging for me - as my primary protein sources tended to be dairy.

Anyway - here are some 6 week pics... enjoy... she is starting to tease us with those first smiles, and they are amazing!!

2 comments:

bb said...

She is just too cute!!

Unknown said...

She is as sweet as can be! Such beautiful eyes!