![]() |
| Toronto Santa Claus Parade, ~1975 |
So it was my birthday this week. 36. Yeesh. How did that happen? I don't really feel 36. I am glad to be back on an "even" year though - odd years seem to be not so great in my world... hopefully this one will negate the "nastiness of odd" that was 2007.
The actual day was really fun - Ken and the kids and baked a "surprise" birthday cake which was so incredibly sweet! (like endearing, not over-sugared...). I am the proud new owner of a hot pink camping chair which is perfect in every way, since pink is my colour. Also a new crock pot, since our old one was starting to freak me out with its power management - I didn't trust it to leave it alone. Dinner was fun with our friends the O'Brien's joining us - lots of giggles and laughs.
We got a puppy recently - her name is Lexie and she is an apricot Labradoodle. Mini - she will likely only get to about 27-30 lbs which is exactly what we were looking for. She is sweet as can be and is very smart. At her vet check this morning she was 9lbs, 3 ounces - growing right on target!
We are leaving in 2 weeks for a Western Caribbean cruise with the kids, and dad and Lorraine. It should be fun and I have high hopes for a week of relaxing and enjoyable times. The kids are really excited to see the ship and "go to Mexico" as Matthew likes to say. Let's hope there are no crazy viruses lurking - we've had enough sickness the last 6 weeks to do us the rest of this year.
I can't think of anything else random right now... :)
The actual day was really fun - Ken and the kids and baked a "surprise" birthday cake which was so incredibly sweet! (like endearing, not over-sugared...). I am the proud new owner of a hot pink camping chair which is perfect in every way, since pink is my colour. Also a new crock pot, since our old one was starting to freak me out with its power management - I didn't trust it to leave it alone. Dinner was fun with our friends the O'Brien's joining us - lots of giggles and laughs.
We got a puppy recently - her name is Lexie and she is an apricot Labradoodle. Mini - she will likely only get to about 27-30 lbs which is exactly what we were looking for. She is sweet as can be and is very smart. At her vet check this morning she was 9lbs, 3 ounces - growing right on target!
We are leaving in 2 weeks for a Western Caribbean cruise with the kids, and dad and Lorraine. It should be fun and I have high hopes for a week of relaxing and enjoyable times. The kids are really excited to see the ship and "go to Mexico" as Matthew likes to say. Let's hope there are no crazy viruses lurking - we've had enough sickness the last 6 weeks to do us the rest of this year.
I can't think of anything else random right now... :)

No comments:
Post a Comment