I tried a new Yoga studio last night, very spur of the moment. They are having a monthly "Try Yoga, you'll love it!" kind of special where your first class with them is free, so what they hay - I went for it. It was a Level 1/2 class and I wasn't exactly sure what to expect relative to my beginner class... definitely more challenging! I really enjoyed it. The class only had 4 people in it which was also nice - and nobody SNORED!! (Bonus. There is a guy in my beginner class that always falls asleep at the end during rest and he SNORES LIKE CRAZY. It completely ruins it for me!)
We did some really amazing and challenging poses. This instructor was awesome too, because she walked around and worked one on one with all of us - modifying or enhancing the pose/stretch so we were getting the most out of it. I did my first shoulder stand! WAHOO! On the health release form they had me fill out at the end of class (since, as usual - I was late arriving...) asked what my short term goal is with Yoga, and I wrote in "increased flexibility!". I do want to increase my physical flexibility - I think (hope) that it transcends the physical and helps me live a more flexible exsistence.
Matt is getting really excited about his birthday on Thursday - I am panicking trying to itemize all of the things that need to get done prior to the party on Friday! :) It will all be fine, I know - I am learning that not everything needs to be perfect for a 7 year old's birthday party, and by being "un-planned and open to just seeing how the night unfolds, I am taking away some stress and probably facilitating the party being that much more fun!
Ainsley's party in on Saturday night - it's a combined party with 2 other girls from her preschool class, so everyone is looking forward to that! I can't believe my baby girl is almost 5 years old. As exciting and amazing as it is to watch your children grow - there is a small sliver of sadness that the time is just going by exponentially faster and faster - I crave the days when she would sleep on my shoulder and that big toothless grin was the first and best thing I'd see upon arriving home...
:/
No comments:
Post a Comment