It's 7:51 AM on the day before my forty-first birthday. The house is quiet because all three kids are still asleep and Ken took Lexie to camp. I had a great run this morning in temps that were below 20 degrees with a friend that never fails to show up and run when I need it most.
We have just come through one of the most difficult weeks with childhood sickness that I can recall. The good news is that we are through it - the crazy high fevers, x-rays, blood cultures, spinal taps, fears of meningitis or worse - trips to the ER one, two, three times... A neurologist Blood patches. Cleaning so much puke out of cars I never want to smell puke again. Not puke from tummy bugs or viruses, but puke from a child being in so much pain it made him physically ill.
I sit enjoying a coffee in the quiet of the morning... lost in the processing of everything last week handed us and yet realizing we are so lucky it was just a week of crazy... until the sounds of tiny feet sneaking down the back stairs bring be back to the beauty and amazing-ness that this family and these kids and this life - is to me.
XO
1 comment:
Good Lord, Jodi! What the heck was going on! I hope you guys are doing OK! Sounds horrific!
Post a Comment