Thursday, September 27, 2012

It will be alright...

Sometimes I will write and write and then read what I write and it's just SO awful.  The thoughts are important, the ideas are great but the way I string the words together just doesn't work.

So I delete.

And more days go by with nothing to post or say.

But so much to say!

It will be alright.

************************************

Guys, middle school is a bit crazy.  I feel lost a lot of the time - I don't know if I should be more involved, less involved.  Ask more, trust more?  It's a very weird time.  Information is different.  Communication is different.  It's like sometimes they think you can read your mind, but when I take a chance and guess that they are not reading my mind and I offer some insight they are so grateful!  Which makes me wonder how much more they are wondering about and how much more should I say?

And I am on the *very* involved side of the spectrum so what about all the folks that are pretty much uninvolved and stuff?  Do their kids need them offering insight about their own kids but they don't know what to do or how to do it?

Totally different game, middle school is.  Totally.

It will be alright.

************************************

I am Mondo-ing.  I have a list.  I have some ideas.  I am also trapped (financially... no freaking out, Ken and I are fine!!) and can't see my way out of that situation for a long time.

BUT - I am learning that the current situation is part of the process. 

It will be alright.

************************************

Routine annual exam is resulting in some additional testing and ultrasound/uterine biopsy in the next couple of weeks.  My normal weird is in fact a bit too weird so they are running with the full workup.

Doc has my back. 

It will be alright.

************************************

I struggle with saying no.  Did you know that?  I am a yes girl.  But also an overwhelmed girl.

Gotta learn to say NO. 

It will be alright.

***********************************
MTB is doing very well - things are fine. He's changing - morphing - right before my eyes. New favourite thing? Practicing clarinet with him - I remember I love music, love playing conductor and he enjoys the practice so much more when it's teamwork. Wish I still had my oboe!

AMB is rocking Grade 4.  The fleeting glimpses into new found self confidence and a little bit of her competitive spirit we saw last year are out in full force this year.  She is proud, she is working so hard and is very accomplished. 

ARB has leadership qualities.  And loves new shoes.

************************************

It will be alright.

5 comments:

Brandi said...

Great post my friend, I miss you!

Brandi said...

oh man I always have problems commenting on your posts-did you just get my first one???

LauraC said...

Okay first, who cares if it sounds AWESOME, it's your words and that's what the people who are here want to read. Sometimes my posts sound dumb but they're my thoughts.

Also on the Mondo front, I think they ease people into it because it is a lot to process. I've had things on my lists that I've put work into and they fall by the wayside. I think it takes a long time to understand and accept that dreams happen on a timetable and they're not always immediately.

Learning to say no is a great thing to put on your Mondo list. I used to struggle with that as well.

Anonymous said...

Ugh... I'm dreading middle school - so glad I have another year before I have to face it!

Sounds like you have a lot going on... let's get together soon!

RobinP said...

Hope everything goes A-okay on the ultrasound. :-)