M and A had a soccer clinic from 7-8:15. It was a gorgeous evening for training and M was especially stoked to get moved up with the 16 year old kids "because, Mummy, I am just that great!!"
Not said in a snotty, elitist way - but in a truly, I-believe-I-can-fly-right-now way - so full of confidence and bursting with pride at how much, much hard work and great support is paying off.
We were listening to the top 8 and 8 on some local radio station driving home, windows down and it took me back to my own early tween and teen years... summer nights listening to Madonna - these two offspring of mine love music and know all the words (eeek).
When the number 1 song came on - I drove them around the block one more time so they could sing along to the whole song.
These are the moments to hang on to - I hope they remember them as I will. Clear eyes, open voices with no fear of being judged - in the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment