During dinner (all the fun stuff happens during dinner at the Bulmer house...) Ainsley (by accident) dropped her chicken and in one literal breath LEXIE inhaled the whole damn thing.
BONE IN CHICKEN.
So Ken and I are freaking the hell out because the one thing I remembered from being like 6 years old is NEVER GIVE A DOG CHICKEN BONES. I don't know why - it's just some Dog Owner Rule.
(Well now I know why because the vet told me last night, it's because they are hollow and as they disintegrate and break down within the dogs digestive system it can do some damage.)
Lex just laid back down and went back to sleep none the worse for wear it seemed... vet told us to watch for puking or weird poops. No problem - we happen to do that Every Day anyway around here.
We settle back to finish dinner and Ainsley sort of quietly looks at her (replacement) chicken... and then blurts out "It must REALLY SUCK to have to poop out a chicken bone."
Check please!!
P.S. Lexie did in fact puke the chicken bone up this morning shortly after we arrived at work. All good!
No comments:
Post a Comment