Tuesday, July 12, 2011

17 days of Vacation...

We left on June 22nd for Canada... it was the best trip home ever.  The kids traveled great, the weather was cool and nice.  I met up with some friends from high school (Wendy and Ian!!) for a great run - even ran by my old house (THANKS IAN!!) and it looks the same, but so different.  I have NO pictures of us which totally sucks - how did we not snap a picture!!???

I miss my home town now more than ever.  Ian still lives in Port and as much as I wanted out of that town when I was 19, do I miss it now...
There were 13 hours of this going up.  Great trip though - we stopped in Ripley, WVA the first night and stayed at the brand new Holiday Inn Express - beautiful!!!


For some reason I had been under the impression that Bob Evans was nasty. It is so not nasty! We had a great late dinner on our first night - they were SO good with the kids and the food was awesome!!


We stopped at the closest Tim Horton's on our way up. 
And - it SUCKED.  I mean it was so bad.  I think we are officially, officially transitioned off that shizz for our local artisan roasters offerings now.  I felt a little guilty feeling that way, unpatriotic somehow. 

So Canada was a little on the chilly side, but my dad (god bless him!) heats his pool to about 89F.  Oh yeah.  Kids lived in that water!!!

This is Amelia on the night of Lorraine's 60th birthday celebration down at their club.  It was a great evening and we have some better pictures off the good camera I will post later.  So nice to see all my aunts and uncles and meet many of Lorraine's golfing friends.

Nice. 

 
Lorraine's sister Margie (left) and Ada (right, with her eyes closed.  Her eyes are always closed in pictures!)

I just love this picture.

My brother Ben and his little guy Anderson!  It was our first time meeting Andy!

Mid party break...

Ainsley and Amelia dancing!

Saturday June 25th we woke up to a minor flood in my dad's basement due to 6 inches of rain and a failed sump pump.  Great!  We got stuff moved and a new pump to deal with the water... they are still cleaning up today after that mess though.  Ben, Sherry and Anderson came for the day (Lorraine's actual birthday) and we swam and grilled out.

This guy loves the camera.

I mean he LOVES the camera!!

Girls having fun in the water.

Sunday we headed to Whitby area... we stayed with my cousin Karen and her husband Chris and had the BEST TIME.  Perfect host and hostess... :)  Kids really did well together this trip.  Here Matthew is showing Miranda the in's and out's of video gaming on a hand held.  These two share the exact same birthday - how awesome is that??!!  :)

We had a great few visits with Ken's sisters and family - first time all the cousins had been together in many years.  This is all of them playing down at Lake Ontario... it was windy has heck that night but we had a great time anyway! 
Riley, Emma, Hayleigh, Amelia, Matthew, Ainsley and Storm. 

Same kids, better light.

Amelia loving the playground!

*love*

We stayed with Kariann and Louis for two nights before leaving - here is little Claire chomping on dinner!  So grown up now - when did she become a kid and not a toddler??


We headed for home on Thursday June 30th and made it all the way - straight shot.  840 miles.  Lots of snoozing along the way...

Next stop Sunset Beach... but that's a whole other post...

No comments: