I started a comment to Brandy over at Mannlymama about my current obsessions but then thought screw it - this comment is big enough to be my own post. :)
Nature:
Jasmine. This plant is the reason I will never be able to leave the South. Ever. The delicate perfume of jasmine is syrupy-sweet-summertime-sexy-steamy-awesomeness. I cannot get enough of the scent and sit outside with a nice glass of wine in the evening and just close my eyes and breathe. It's therapy y'all. You cannot smell that and stay pissed or sad. It's just not possible.
Food:
Brandy is right - the building T sushi is really good. It was ok when they brought it in from Preston, but now that it's made on the fly - yumma. My personal obsession right now is the Bold and Spicy black bean veggie burger from Morningstar - holy hell they are good. And they cook up FAST. I need fast in my life! Great taste and not dry. Win!
Running a close second are the Sensible Portions veggie straws. The lightly salted angle really works for me.
Drink:
Forefront Cab. Or Pinot. Or Cab. Or Pinot. I think Cab. I heart the Cab. I fell hard for the pinot in the fall but the Cab is winning me over. My case make up will change come June. :)
Cooper Station Cab is a new try for me and I will say LIKE! (Don't be pissed Rollins... I am out of the good stuff...) It pairs nicely with almost anything you'd drink red with, is zippy but not too over the top. A great pick! (Thanks Team Boggis!)
Sweet Jane coffee - now that we're brewing in a new, GREAT coffee maker - this is such a great coffee! Muddy Dog is a local artisan roastery we love.
All you need is coffee and wine IMO. Done.
Technology:
Nike+ data. I am obsessed. Totally.
Enterprise Guide. I am learning! I am a query-ing fool people! Me! Who knows what the future holds!
Kindle App for Ipod - love that my kids want BOOKS. Not games. Nerds.
Books:
The Lightening Thief - Rick Riordan - GREAT!
The Help - just starting...
Heaven is Real - almost done this - it's ok. I mean it's interesting - but to me it's written at about a 3rd-4th grade level - just not my kind of read.
Style/Accessories:
You have no idea how badly I need a shopping trip. My wardrobe consists of 2 pairs of pants, 2 pairs of capri's (both denim) and 3 pairs of shorts that now fit me. I did find a couple of shirts - but I really need to shop. It's a good think I love doing laundry. I love the two new pairs of jeans and how they fit - I am psyched! I ordered a new swim suit from Lands End but don't like the pattern. I have another in my shopping bag at Athleta but haven't pulled the trigger yet - it's just so much money! Ugh!
So - in terms of obsession... I am obsessed with the fact that I have very few reasonable choices at the moment!
Kid Stuff:
Bubbles. Scooters. Knee pads. Bike Helmets.
2 comments:
"It's therapy y'all."
Y'all?
You are so not a Canadian anymore.
Bargain box in Cameron village is a great thrift store for style without the price tags
Post a Comment