Monday, April 4, 2011

Bee up my ass...

I have these little things that are bugging me:

  • If we are each driving our own cars, and happen to come to a FOUR WAY STOP AT EXACTLY THE SAME MOMENT - who has the right of way?  Tell me and tell me when you learned that. 
  • If you are traveling by car on an Interstate, or other major type highway - do you move to the center lane as you approach an "on ramp" for traffic to join you on the highway?  Or do you stay in the right hand lane, oblivious to the cars trying to work their way in around you as you text or talk on your phone?
  • Do you know when pedestrians have the right of way?
  • Do you know the hand signals that cyclists (in theory) use?  Do you know when a cyclist is indicating he or she is stopping versus turning right?
And - someone remind me out there - are 2 year olds really THIS crazy?  I mean I know it's been a while since Ainsley was 2.  Did I really forget it could be this bad? 

ME NO LIKE IT!!

ME NO WANT IT!!!

DO NOT PUSH MY BODY!!  (she screams this as I try to help her with her jacket, or help her get up into her car seat).

Adamantly refusing food, drink, naps... whatever.  I say something, she instantly hates it or the idea of it.  "Amelia do you want to go outside?  Let's put shoes on!"

"NO ME NO GO OUTSIDE.  ME NO LIKE OUTSIDE.  NO SHOESSSS!"

"OK, well I am going outside now" I say.

"NOOOOOOO!!!  ME GO OUTSIDE with MY daddy.  Daddy do shoes."

And then 35 seconds later - sweet as pie, life is beautiful.  She's CRAZZEEEEEE I think.  Or I am.  I don't know!!

Mommy like wine.  Lots.

3 comments:

LauraC said...

I learned all the rules of the road when I took driver's ed in high school, required in Florida to get a driver's license. It's also in every state driving handbook.

And yes, two year olds are really that crazy. Or at least mine were.

Now please tell me that almost 5 years were this crazy, bc I am at my wit's end right now!!

Anonymous said...

1. The car on the right has the right-of-way if you both stop at the same time. I don't remember when I learned that.
2. Don't talk/text on the highway.
3. left hand out = left turn. left hand up = right turn. left hand down = stop.
4. Two year olds always that crazy, and sadly, they are still that crazy at 3. :(

Jodi said...

There are a LOT of people here that need to RE-READ THAT HANDBOOK. There are two 4 way stops right near us at home that each and every day have people approach them absolutely not knowing the rules of a 4 way stop. And yes - many of them appear to be recently licensed drivers... young! UGH!! And merging onto 40 from Harrison going west is playing with my life every day because people don't ever move over, and speed up or slow down to stay with me as I AM TRYING TO MERGE IN. MOVE THE EFF OVER or at least don't stay WITH ME!! ARRGGHHHHH!!!!