**This post talks about barf. So if you don't like that - stop reading...
So there is a certain nail spa over by Triangle Town Center that if ever sees Ainsley and I again - will I am sure - say it's too soon.
Ainsley was home from camp for a couple of days this due to strep but seemed to be feeling ok. She wanted to go and get her toe nails done, and LORD KNOWS mine needed some attention too. She had antibx on board, so was not too big a risk to the general population. - so off we set. A couple errands at target, then over to the little nail shop.
This wasn't a place we had been before - but it looked nice, empty, and their sanitation score was good. So that was enough positives for me to let us continue in. We picked our colours and settled in for a quick pedi.
Ainsley was almost done - and she grabbed my arm and said "Mama I don't feel very good."
She was white as a sheet. Tears. I asked her if she felt sick to her stomach and YES SHE DID. Oh God.
I am polished but not dry, and trying to kick the guy away from my feet as I jump up to get her into the bathroom. She is totally nauseated and getting whiter by the second. I fumble, leaving all of my stuff beside the chair hoping to get her in there before the worst happens.
We get to the bathroom and she is feeling really bad. I get some cool paper towel for her head, and ask the lady for water. Ains has a bit to drink and says she feels better. It SMELLS - REEKS - of heavy, heavy perfume and dried flowers in this little bathroom - it's making me feel like shit so I can only imagine how it must be hitting her. I ask her if she's ready to just get out of here and head outside to fresher air where we can sit for a bit until she is feeling better. (We are 20 minutes from home...)
She says let's go, so I run up to the front desk to pay. Of COURSE THEY DO NOT TAKE CARDS of any kind. FUUUUCCCKKKK!!!! There is a bank machine right there in the corner, the lady says.
I scurry over and frantically get the cash out. Turn to my right - and Ainsley barfs ALL over the front entrance to the salon. NICE!
Move Ainsley outside. Run back inside. Leave money. Grab our stuff. Ainsley is puking her brains out on the sidewalk right outside the door. EPIC!!! I mean SO MUCH BARF. I feel so bad for her - she is a mess. Not a natural barfer - she fights it. Worse.
Ainsley finally stops/calms. I am picking puke up off the sidewalk with baby wipes. Ever tried that?? I didn't even go back into the salon - I just couldn't. The lady had covered the puke with towels and I just made the choice to deal with the sidewalk and not her shop. Maybe that was mean or bad - but I just could not go back in there and leave Ainsley outside.
Get Ains back into car. Thank god there were leftover blankets that we had not yet unpacked. Who knew being disorganized at times had seriously good pay offs? Buckle her and head for home.
She falls asleep. But only for 5 minutes. Wakes up barfing again. Is learning to puke on target. SAVE! No barf on the new van - just the blanket! (I throw that away, FYI...)
Finally get home - she spends the rest of the afternoon puking and it's just the saddest thing ever. Finally there seems to be an end and she sleeps.
Poor kid is still out of sorts. She reacted to AMOX later that same night (trouble breathing!) so we dealt with that too, and got her switched to Zithro. Strep seems to be much better today, she's starting to eat again...
I left a good tip for that nail lady. But we will NEVER go near that salon again.
5 comments:
Um, how exciting??? Poor thing!
As a service employee, I cleaned up lots of puke so no big deal if you attended to your daughter!
Poor kid! I know how she feels.... that was me except it was in my own bathroom. Let's just say that I've never used "projectile" and "explosive" to describe the activity coming out all ends. Ugh! I really hope she feels better soon.
OH NO!!! That's awful! Poor Ains, poor you, and poor lady who had to clean up the mess!!! I hope Ainsley feels better soon!
That beats all of my household's fluids stories (even the coveralls and work boots one). Glad all is better for our Ains. You crisis-managed like a goddess.
- Chum
HOORAY for CHUMMY comments!!!!! :)
Post a Comment